The Board of Directors (the “Board”) of NMI Holdings, Inc. (the “Company”) oversees the management of the Company and our business. The Board selects our Chief Executive Officer and in conjunction with our Chief Executive Officer selects the rest of our senior management team, which is responsible for operating our business.
Bradley M. Shuster serves as Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.
Because the Board also believes that strong, independent Board leadership is a critical aspect of effective corporate governance, the Board has established the position of Lead Director. The Lead Director is an independent director selected by the independent directors. Steven L. Scheid has served as the Lead Director since the position was established in May 2012. The Lead Director’s responsibilities include:
- acting as the primary contact between the Company and the independent directors, undertaking to meet or confer periodically with members of the Company's executive team regarding matters related to the business of the Company;
- assisting the Chairman of the Board, as necessary with conducting Board meetings;
- preparing agenda items for meetings of the Board and any committees thereof; and
- such other duties as the Board may from time to time assign to the Lead Director.
The Board believes that a single leader serving as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, together with an experienced and engaged Lead Director, is the most appropriate leadership structure for the Board and the Company at this time.
Communicating with the Board
Stockholders may communicate with the members of the Board, the Lead Director or the non-management members of the Board as a group, by sending a written communication to NMI Holdings, Inc., Attention: Secretary, 2100 Powell Street, 12th Floor, Emeryville, CA 94608.
|Corporate Governance Guidelines, Effective September 8, 2016||103.6 KB|
|Articles of Incorporation, Effective March 5, 2012||664.0 KB|
|Bylaws, Effective December 4, 2014||128.5 KB|
|Audit Committee Charter, Effective May 12, 2016||67.0 KB|
|Risk Committee Charter, Effective May 12, 2016||54.7 KB|
|Compensation Committee Charter, May 12, 2016||64.8 KB|
|Governance and Nominating Committee Charter, Effective May 12, 2016||63.5 KB|
Business Conduct and Ethics Policy, Effective September 8, 2016 *
* Amended to include provisions related to the Defend Trade Secrets Act.